6 week booty & abs workout plan – Week 5
5 x 2
- Start with your feet in a wide stance, toes pointed out as far as is comfortable.
- Keeping your back and spine in a neutral position, and torso upright, tighten your core.
- Bend the knees outwards so they remain over your ankles and perform the squat.
BARBELL HIP THRUSTS
15 x 3
- Barbell rests below the hips against a fixed bench with the middle of your back/ shoulders on the bench.
- Feet hip width apart hinging the hips down and and up pushing through the heels.
- Keep the chin tucked in and slowly release back to your starting position.
Wide stance Leg press
20 x 3
- Seated place your feet on the platform in front.
- Push through your heels but don’t lock out your knees.
10 x 2
- Hold the bar hip level with your palms facing down (pronated grip).
- Keep your shoulders back and knees slightly bent (rest of the movement through your hips).
- Lower the bar pushing your glutes out.
- On the way back up drive the hips forward and squeeze the glutes at the top.
15 x 3
- Place the glute strap/ handle around your ankle/foot.
- Face the weight stack from a distance of about 2 feet holding the frame for support.
- Keep your knees and hips slight bent contract your glutes and slowly kick back the working leg.
- Slowly release back to your starting position.
Elevated frog pumps
AMRAP x 2
- Place your elbows firmly on the ground either side of your torso to stabilise your body.
- Press the hips up into the air by squeezing the glutes strongly.
- Squeeze tightly at the top and then lower back down.
Well done for completing week 5!
make a change.
Get in touch