6 week booty & abs workout plan – Week 4
Elevated heel squats
15 x 2
- Elevating the heels decreases range of motion at the hip and improves range of motion at the knee, helping to recruit more quadriceps muscle fibers and allow you to go deeper in the squat.
- When the heels are elevated, it forces the ball of the foot to make greater contact with the surface.
- Place your heels slightly elevated.
- Hold a kettle bell by your chest.
- Keeping your shoulders back and Chest up perform a squat.
45s x 2
- Place a band around your knees.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Bend your knees a few inches and hinge forward at the hips, keeping your abs engaged and glutes tight.
- Then side step.
10 x 3
- Seated place your feet on the platform in front.
- Push through your heels but don’t lock out your knees.
12 x 3
- Kneel on the floor or an exercise mat and bend at the waist with your arms extended in front of you (perpendicular to the torso) in order to get into a kneeling push-up position but with the arms spaced at shoulder width.
- Your head should be looking forward and the bend of the knees should create a 90-degree angle between the hamstrings and the calves. This will be your starting position.
- As you exhale, lift up your right leg until the hamstrings are in line with the back while maintaining the 90-degree angle bend. Contract the glutes throughout this movement and hold the contraction at the top for a second.
- Slowly release back to your starting position.
Bulgarian SPLIT lunges
8 x 12
- Place one leg on the bench and the other in front of you.
- Slowly descend towards the ground.
- Keep your shoulders back and chest up.
- At the bottom of the moment drive through the heels back up.
15 x 2
- Hold the bar hip level with your palms facing down (pronated grip).
- Keep your shoulders back and knees slightly bent (rest of the movement through your hips).
- Lower the bar pushing your glutes out.
- On the way back up drive the hips forward and squeeze the glutes at the top.
make a change.
Get in touch