6 week booty & abs workout plan – Week 2
5 x 2
- Start with your feet in a wide stance, toes pointed out as far as is comfortable.
- Keeping your back and spine in a neutral position, and torso upright, tighten your core.
- Bend the knees outwards so they remain over your ankles and perform the squat.
BARBELL HIP THRUSTS
15 x 3
- Barbell rests below the hips against a fixed bench with the middle of your back/ shoulders on the bench.
- Feet hip width apart hinging the hips down and and up pushing through the heels.
Elevated back lunge into courtesy lunge
20 x 2
- Step onto your raised platform with both feet. This will be your starting position.
- Begin by stepping backwards with one leg. Descend by flexing your hips and knees until your knee touches the floor.
- Pause, and extend through the hips and knees to rise up, returning all the way to the starting position before alternating.
- Then cross one leg back and behind the other and come down into a curtsy lunge. The front foot stays flat on the elevated surface and the back foot has the heel raised off the floor.
- Bring your weight into your front leg and focus on stepping the back leg to the side as opposed to the back.
- Then return to your starting position.
10 x 2
- Hold the bar hip level with your palms facing down (pronated grip).
- Keep your shoulders back and knees slightly bent (rest of the movement through your hips).
- Lower the bar pushing your glutes out.
- On the way back up drive the hips forward and squeeze the glutes at the top.
10 x 3
- Seated place your feet on the platform in front.
- Push through your heels but don’t lock out your knees.
Banded frog pumps
AMRAP x 2
- Place your elbows firmly on the ground either side of your torso to stabilise your body.
- Press the hips up into the air by squeezing the glutes strongly.
- Squeeze tightly at the top and then lower back down.
Well done for completing week 2!
make a change.
Get in touch