6 week booty & abs workout plan – Week 1
5 x 2
- Start with your feet in a wide stance, toes pointed out as far as is comfortable.
- Keeping your back and spine in a neutral position, and torso upright, tighten your core.
- Bend the knees outwards so they remain over your ankles and perform the squat.
BARBELL HIP THRUSTS
15 x 3
- Barbell rests below the hips against a fixed bench with the middle of your back/ shoulders on the bench.
- Feet hip width apart hinging the hips down and and up pushing through the heels.
- keep the chin tucked in and slowly release back to your starting position.
Elevated back lunge into courtesy lunge
20 x 2
- Step onto your raised platform with both feet. This will be your starting position.
- Begin by stepping backwards with one leg. Descend by flexing your hips and knees until your knee touches the floor.
- Pause, and extend through the hips and knees to rise up, returning all the way to the starting position before alternating.
- Then cross one leg back and behind the other and come down into a curtsy lunge. The front foot stays flat on the elevated surface and the back foot has the heel raised off the floor.
- Bring your weight into your front leg and focus on stepping the back leg to the side as opposed to the back.
- Then return to your starting position.
Smith machine donkey kicks
10 x 3
- Adjust the smith machine bar so you can assume the starting position on all fours under and in front of it
with the arch of your foot on the underside of the bar and your working leg’s thigh parallel to the ground.
- Pushing with your glute through the arch of your foot, extend your knee in a slow and controlled motion.
Glute kickback pulses
20 x 2
- Kneel on the floor or an exercise mat and bend at the waist with your arms extended in front of you (perpendicular to the torso) in order to get into a kneeling push-up position but with the arms spaced at shoulder width.
- Your head should be looking forward and the bend of the knees should create a 90-degree angle between the hamstrings and the calves. This will be your starting position.
- As you exhale, lift up your right leg until the hamstrings are in line with the back while maintaining the 90-degree angle bend. Contract the glutes throughout this movement and hold the contraction at the top for a second.
- Slowly release back to your starting position.
fire hydrant pulses
20 x 2
- Place your shoulders above your hands and your hips above your knees.
- Tighten your core and look down.
- Lift your left leg away from your body at 45 degrees.
Banded frog pumps
AMRAP x 2
- Place your elbows firmly on the ground either side of your torso to stabilise your body.
- Press the hips up into the air by squeezing the glutes strongly.
- Squeeze tightly at the top and then lower back down.
Well done for completing week 1!
make a change.
Get in touch