6 week booty & abs workout plan – Week 1
Elevated heel squats
12 x 3
- Elevating the heels decreases range of motion at the hip and improves range of motion at the knee, helping to recruit more quadriceps muscle fibers and allow you to go deeper in the squat.
- When the heels are elevated, it forces the ball of the foot to make greater contact with the surface.
- Place your heels slightly elevated.
- Hold a kettle bell by your chest.
- Keeping your shoulders back and Chest up perform a squat.
30-45s x 2
- Place a band around your knees.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Bend your knees a few inches and hinge forward at the hips, keeping your abs engaged and glutes tight.
- Then side step.
12 x 3
- Stand with your torso upright.
- Step forward with your right leg around 2 feet or so from the foot being left stationary behind and lower your upper body down, while keeping the torso upright and maintaining balance. Inhale as you go down.
- Using mainly the heel of your foot, push up and go back to the starting position as you exhale.
Rope pull throughs (cables)
15 x 3
- Begin standing a few feet in front of a low cable point with a rope or handle attached.
- Face away from the machine, straddling the cable, with your feet set wide apart.
- Begin the movement by reaching through your legs as far as possible, bending at the hips.
- Then pushing back up through and squeeze the glutes.
Banded seated abduction
AMRAP x 2
- Sit on a flat bench with your back straight and your feet on the floor. It should be sitting like you are sitting in a straight back chair. Your hands should be holding on to the side of the bench near your hips.
- Put a booty/ loop band (if possible) around both legs just above the knees
- In one motion, push your knees away from each other and then push back to touching each other.
Elevated dumbbell frog pumps
30 x 2
- Place your elbows firmly on the ground either side of your torso to stabilise your body.
- Press the hips up into the air by squeezing the glutes strongly.
- Squeeze tightly at the top and then lower back down.
If you’re doing the 3 day workout plan, week 1 is complete for you. Well done!
If you’re doing the 5 day plan, keep going onto workout 4…
make a change.
Get in touch